Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Time

Okay, here's a bunch of random updates about our summer.
The kids are in swim and just finished up baseball. I have never been so thankful for an activity being over as I am baseball. I'm glad they have the opportunity to play, but sometimes I wonder why I put us all through it. It is ridiculously hot outside; Ryan, no matter how many times you tell him, will always run to second after hitting the ball?; and Kiley hates to, "get all sweaty."

Swimming has been fun this year for all of us except Bryson. I decided to take a job as swim instructor. I thought it would be a great way to make a little extra money and really be a part of something the kids (mainly Kiley) really love. It worked out well, and other than having the grossest feeling hair in the world, I enjoyed doing it. Poor Bryson; however, did not like it. The combination of the heat and not being able to go to mom got to him. The crying got to me, so I quit. The kids are still in swim, I found a great replacement, and I promised I would sub anytime. Here's a picture of all of us leaving in the morning and Ryan with his tongue out as he swims.

Kiley also did a cheer camp with her friend Raynee, and she got her picture in the paper. She was so cute out there.

Picute from the paper below. Chris has been working on our yard, and it looks great. For once, we have grass. Chris and his friend, Marco, laid sod a couple of weeks ago, and it is taking root. I am amazed. We can't grow anything, so this feels like quite an accomplishment. Plus, the trees we planted earlier in the year are still alive! Hooray! I think by next year, we'll be ready to take on gardening. If anyone out there can give me some pointers, they would be greatly appreciated. I even have a plant in the bathroom that has been growing for months! I feel so Martha Stewartish.
We hope you are all having a great summer.

9 comments:

Ashlee Draper said...

So cute! I need those pics of Raynee and Kiley...they are adorable, I am so glad you were a good mom for me! haha! Your house and lawn look amazing...even more amazing in person!

The Richards said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! Did you do swim at Safford pool? Anyways your blog looks great, how do you do the cute top part that says your name? I am a retarded blogger!mber

TJ Eich said...

I'm so glad you have grass! It seriously makes a HUGE difference! Go, Chris, go!!

Nicole Palmer said...

Wow! You guys are having a busy/fun summer! I still haven't signed Mya up for swimming lessons & the summer is half over!!!lol

Allred's said...

cute new look to your blog, it looks great. And how lucky are you to grass. Your husband is doing a great job for his family.

Amy said...

Love the new look! Can you believe that summer is almost over. Crazy. See you soon.

lofgreenlegacy said...

I love your new background! And your backyard!

Deanne Wahl said...

I am so excited that you got grass. It is so nice to send the kids out to play without having to dust off 3 inches of dirt before they come back in!

The John Family said...

how fun! where do u get your cute backgrounds