Thursday, July 17, 2008

How Old Am I?




Okay, sorry I post so much about my kids, but they're funnier than me. So, we're walking in Wal-Mart yesterday, and I'm looking for Children's Tylenol, and this is the discussion I had with my kids.

Kiley: "Awesome, they have this drink in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. It looks yummy, and I think it's healthy. Is it healthy mom?"

I look over at the stacked Ensure boxes.

Me: "Yes, it's healthy, but we don't need any. It's for old people."

Kiley: "Then you should get some."

Me: "I'm not old!"

Ryan: "Yes sir Mommy. You're old and we're new, so you that drink is for you."

It was so funny to hear him say new instead of young and not so funny that they were completely serious about me being old. I guess, in their eyes, I am. After all, they're a lot "newer" than me.

6 comments:

Alyse Clonts said...

That is so cute and funny. I'm teaching in Tucson at a PreK-5 Elementary school. I'm weird about posting where we are I guess. I had a pretty tough first year but the end of it turned out to be great. I start year number 2 on August 4th and the kidos will start school on August 11th.

Rochelle said...

How funny! Gotta love the things kids say and the way their minds work!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, you just have to love the things kids say! That is so cute. Ryan is so funny I can completely picture him saying that!

Mary Ann said...

i love it!! that is the funniest thing! you've got to keep record of these things.. one day your kids will be "old" too!!

The Richards said...

So cute Ash, they are so sweet, and i love that he said new! I want to be new again! It was nice seeing you at the pioneer celebration!

lofgreenlegacy said...

That's hilarious! My kids think I'm old too. But I thought my mom was old when I was little. It's ok, your still young. I promise!