Tuesday, June 3, 2008

DISNEYLAND!


My mom is wonderful! She decided to take some money and go on a once in a lifetime trip to Disneyland! It was wonderful! Here's a brief overview of our trip:

Day 1: Fly to California. Nana and I had tickets to go see Wicked; however, Ryan came down with a high fever and a bad rash that landed us at urgent care in California. Hours later we learned he had a virus called Fitz Disease or the slapped cheek disease! He was okay on Motrin. We missed Wicked, but were glad Ryan was seen.

Day 2: Disneyland! I can't tell you all how much fun we had. The kids loved it. We got to eat breakfast with Minnie and Friends and it was definitely a highlight. Kiley loved Minnie Mouse, and for the rest of the trip asked that we refer to her as Minnie! Ryan loved all the characters, except Captain Hook, but he especially loved seeing Tiger and Mickey Mouse! Later, during one of the shows, Ryan was chosen to be the Beast and dance with Belle! I was so excited! He makes a perfect prince. Bryson was a perfect baby all day. He loved the rides and was just happy to be carried all day!

Day 3: We went to California Adventure. It had some great rides. I'm not big on the whole ride thing, but I loved some of them. Chris was crazy and rode this giant ride that drops you! The kids loved the Pixar games and shows and Ryan went Crazy for Playhouse Disney!

Day 4: We decided to try Sea World. It was fun, but I wouldn't do it again. It was too much for one trip. Everyone was exhausted, but it was cool to see Shamu and feed the dolphins. We went out for dinner, and went to the beach! It was 9pm and we went to the beach, but Kiley wouldn't leave California without seeing the ocean! This beach was beautiful and the cool part was that we had the whole thing to ourselves. Ki and Ryan loved it, Bryson not so much. It was beautiful and it always reminds we of how amazing Heavenly Father is to create such wonderful things!

Day 5: We flew home. It was a wonderful trip! Thanks Nana for taking us! We love you!

15 comments:

Abbey said...

Looks like so much fun! I bet Disneyland just gets more and more fun the older the kids get. Um, we totally need to come down! It has been far too long since we've gotten to see you, we haven't ever even met your kiddos. We need to see how much Thatch has changed too!

Amy said...

Looks like you had a blast. I am so glad you guys got a break and that Ryan is alright. Hope to talk to you soon. Thanks for the comment on my blog, but T.J. did it for me I just found the paper. She is the talented one.

The Richards said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun! Your mom is awesome for doing that...she always has been a really great mom though.and your family picture on the beach is beautiful!

Too Legit to Quit! said...

Glad you guys had fun!!! I'm happy you're home! Call me when you want to take the kids to the pool!!! Luv ya!

TJ Eich said...

How fun for you guys! Your kids are lucky to have such a thoughtful Nana!

Rochelle said...

How fun! Cute pictures. There is nothing like seeing the excitement on a little kids face at Disneyland! Glad you had fun!

Marisa and Rob said...

Look like you guys had a blast! We took Amirra when she was 6 months, and I'm excited to take her again when she is older. :) I love the cute picture's

Curtis Family said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I love Disneyland! Anyway, you can call me anytime becuase school is out and I have nothing to do! We will definitely have to get together some time!

Shawna said...

I won't know until July so about 6 weeks or so from now! I am so anxious to see what it is! I already have a girl name but no boy names! I'm kinda tapped out on those! If you know any cute ones let me know cause its probably another boy! Either way we will be happy we just want a healthy baby!

Allred's said...

WOW, you guys looked like you were having tonz of fun. TO bad you missed wicked, that would have been awesome to see in person.

The Welkers said...

Disneyland! I'm so jealous. Your kids are so cute and they looked like they had a blast!
Amanda

Ashlee Draper said...

I am so glad you had a good time! I love disneyland!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

How fun for you guys. I love Disneyland. I love the picture of Bryson crying, so sad but cute. I also love the one of your family looking at the ocean. So cute! Glad you guys had such a good time.

Mary Ann said...

awesome pictures!! i love that place! your mom is so great!!

The Sanderson Family said...

Hey Chris & Ashley..how are you guys doing? I am so glad to have found your blog. We really need to get together. We should have a party with all "the Buds" (as Frank calls it)and their families.
We never see anybody. We did get to see Ben & Abby/ Gordon & Nicole/ & Mike/LaRen at the 10 year reunion, but were sad that you guys were unable to make it. But that has been almost a year ago now. Are you guys going to come to Snowflake for the 24th of July Celebration? If so, we should plan a little get together with everyone who is going to be there. Let me know. My email is: thesandersonfam@gmail.com
Talk to you soon.
Sharee Sanderson