Monday, June 16, 2008

The Wall


This may seem like a silly post, but I can't tell you how much grief this wall has cost me. Chris started this wall almost 4 months ago. He thought it would be a quick project, but it was way more work than we realized. He built it almost 2 feet high all the way around before I convinced him to let the pros do it. We hired the pros to do it, they brought about 10 guys, and it was done in 6 hours. It was amazing to watch! I am so proud of Chris though. He really worked hard, and he did a great job. I am thankful for a husband who can do anything he puts his mind to. Anyway, I love the wall. It makes me feel like my kids are safer, and neighbors are happy the dog is finally confined to the yard.


5 comments:

TJ Eich said...

The foundation Chris provided for that wall will stand for decades!! Chris is seriously THE smartest person I know!

Allred's said...

Oh Ash, what a great "Wall" I've always wanted something like that, but our HOA doesn't allow it. So anyway it looks so great. I am so impressed that Chris had it all straight and not lumpy bumpy. Way to go Chris at an awesome start!!

Amy said...

congrats! I bet Chris is so relieved too. Now you guys can start enjoying your yard a little more, can't wait to see it.

Jordan and Ariana said...

Thanks I'm glad you like it. I hope that when we get down there we'll be able to hang out and have game nights or double dates or something. I know Ariana is worried about having friends down there since she doesn't really know anybody. I'm sure you'll bond!:)

Mary Ann said...

YEAH!! i'm so happy for you.. now i want to see pictures of the grass!