Thursday, December 4, 2008

Marco

As many of you know, Friday, 11/21, around noon, Chris's friend Marco suffered a brain hemorrhage (a cerebral aneurysm that burst). He had been outside working on the playhouse and shed he is building. He reached down to pick up some shingles, and complained to Chris of a sudden headache. Chris was helping him roof the shed. Chris and Carmen, Marco's wife, had Marco lay down, and as his condition did not improve, they called 911. Marco was taken to the Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center, then flown to the Barrow Institute in Phoenix.

So far, it has been a miracle that Marco is doing as well as he is, but there is still progress to be made. I write this post for two reasons. First, I ask that people reading this blog will think of this kind man and his family in their prayers. Second, I think it's a reminder of what's really important in life and how fragile it can be.

Chris's company started a blog for Marco if you are interested in following his progress. The address is, www.miraclemarco.blogspot.com. Thanks for any prayers that come to him, his wife, and his two sweet daughters.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is so sad! How scary that something you have no clue about can be so horrible. It makes me so grateful for my own health. Thanks for sharing.

The Richards said...

Wow Ash, i hope he gets better soon. That is so scary and i will keep them in my prayers.

Bell Family said...

It really is an eye opener at what is so tender in life. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Thanks for the link to see how he is improving.

I hope you are doing well honey. How are you feeling?

Marisa and Rob said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! We will keep them in our prayers! How are you guys doing? Hope you doing good. :)

pam said...

My prayers are with Marco and his sweet family. I am so glad you were able to be there. Thanks for the update site...Lets pray for a miracle!