Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Escape

Okay, so two more cases of strep and it's official: I've lost my mind. I am beginning to feel like a prisoner to my house. Don't get me wrong, I like being home, but really everything in moderation. There are days, I wake up and feel like I could cry from the start. My hope is that we are getting anything and everything now, so this winter will be super healthy.


In the midst of my mental breakdown, I have found a source of escape. In fact, I think it's becoming an obsession. For those of you who have already read the Twilight series this will come as no surprise. For those of you who haven't, you are really missing out. When I first heard of these books, I laughed at how stupid it sounded. Ooo, a bunch of stories about vampires! Then, my curiosity got the best of me and I caved. Now, I am in love. I want to be a vampire. I'm thinking about naming this baby Cullen if it's a boy (couldn't bring myself to name someone Edward, no matter how great he is)! I am almost done with the last book, and it has me so sad to see this come to a close. Chris started reading them with me and the obsession is spreading. We can't wait to get the kids in bed so we can read. I admit, he isn't into it as much as I am, but he is still trading sleep for these darn books; that right there says something. If you haven't read them. Go buy the first one and read it to at least the middle; I guarantee you'll be hooked.



8 comments:

Windsor World said...

Hey Ashley,
I am now a blogger.. and I added you as a friend..(Hope you don't mind!!) But I totally agree with you, I too am a few chapters away from finishing breaking dawn and I am extremely sad its ending.. (check my blog out, I also wrote a post about the Twlight series. LOL, its mmwindsorfamily.blogspot.com!) Anyways it was cool to see you at the Dr. other day, beings that seems to be where you hang out these day!! :) hehe... hope things get better for you and the babies!! talk soon.. Missy

lofgreenlegacy said...

First of all I'm so sorry that you guys don't seem to be getting better. And please let me know if I can do anything. And second of all, I TOLD YOU that the books were awesome. I love Edward too. And you should name your baby Cullen if its a boy. It's cute! Hope Ryan feels better tomorrow and we can go to the game.

Bell Family said...

You have my curiosity at it's peak and now I am going to have to check those boooks out too! My husband would love them for sure. Thanks for the info Ashley.

Cullen is a super cute name for a boy. I can't wait to find out what you are having!

FEEL BETTER SOON K?!

Allred's said...

Ash, I just can't bring myself to read the books, but I am so sorry about the reaccuring strep. What a booger.

Deanne Wahl said...

Okay, So I may need to read those books. I keep putting it off because I know once I start I won't be able to put it down, and I feel like there is just so much on my plate already. Maybe I'll use them as an "escape" like you said :)

Mary Ann said...

love the books too.... but so sorry your whole family has been sick.. hopefully now you will get a break!!

Nicole Palmer said...

Welcome to the world of Twilight! Nothing is better!!! Hope you all get better soon!

Marisa and Rob said...

I loved all 4 of thoes books. I read all of them in 1 week!!! My poor family had no wife or mom for a week, I couldn't put it down, and every time Amirra saw me pull it out to read she would cry and grab it and hide it! It was so cute. :)