Sunday, May 4, 2008

Scorpions are not my friends!


A couple of weeks ago I saw a baby scorpion run across Ryan's foot! I killed it, freaked out all day, had Chris spray, and prayed we woldn't see anymore. This afternoon after church, Bryson was sitting in the floor, Chris picked him up and they walked out of the room. I walked right where Bryson had been sitting and got stung by a scorpion! I was so thankful for Heavenly Father showing me the scorpion was there before one of my kids got really hurt. I am so paranoid. I am going to put Bryson's crib legs in glasses of water which I read would help, but I am truly scared of these little visitors around my children especially Bryson. We get sprayed reguarly, but I'm wondering if any of you have any advice? Between this and the gila monster we found on Thursday, I am starting to get really nervous.


7 comments:

Too Legit to Quit! said...

Holy good crap! I HATE scorpions!!! And you actually got stung!! AHHHHHHH. Are you okay? Does it hurt so bad? EWWWWW I'm freakin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deven and Britany Dicus said...

That is one good thing about living in Utah, NO SCORPIONS! Anyways, when we lived in the pecan grove we had thousands of scorpions! I've been stung like 4 times. Spraying never quite got rid of them so our fam would go scorpion hunting with black lights and kill the ones we found. It might help a little. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

SCARY!! I HATE HATE HATE scorpions! They are really my worst fear. Just go to walmart and buy a black light, and when you put the kids to bed turn out all the lights, and go HUNTING!! It is serisouly so fun to kill those things. That sounds so creepy but i HATE them!

Abbey said...

We had a scorpion on our ceiling a month ago or so. EWWWWW. I made Ben come home from work to help me kill it! Definitely try the glass jars under the crib legs! I can't imagine anything worse than seeing a scorpion in bed with a baby! Our current bug hatred here is for wolf spiders. They just love our family room, but luckily Kyndal has yet to try and pick one up,,, Ha, an over the hill party for 30, Ben actually told me last night if I do a party next year to have black balloons. Sheesh!!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, Ashley! Are you alright? I will call tomorrow -it is too late tonight. Our house is getting sprayed tomorrow, I will ask our guy if he has any suggestions. I am all freaked out now! I have the creepy crawlies! I probably won't sleep tonight, I am going to check on Brynnah.

The Richards said...

Hey Ashley as you know from basically growing up in central they are everywhere there..anyways lisa was having tons of thm and they got a special spray from the fertizona place and it like takes the special coating off of them and then they cant live so try that they say the regular spray doesn't even hurt them, just brings them out more for the cockroaches, thats what they eat...anyways i hope this helps, those are so scary around kids. I hope you are ok. amber

Allred's said...

Hey Ash,I know this was suggested already, but we did the hunt w/ the blacklight as well....good luck