Wednesday, March 11, 2009

End of Pregnancy Update

As you can tell from our countdown, I only have a little over two weeks left, so I thought I should update on my progress.
  • I have had 3 other kids and NEVER been this miserable in pregnancy. I am so uncomfortable I could cry (and sometimes I do just that).
  • I am fatter and more swollen than I have been since Kiley. How depressing!
  • All I ever want is a happy healthy baby, and I am so grateful to be having just that, so please don't take this in any other way, but I want my body back!
  • I am 1-2 centimeters dilated, barely effaced, and the baby is so high they can't come anywhere near him. (Not great progress.)
  • When we built this house, we didn't put a shelf in the shower. Man! I'm regretting that decision. I CANNOT shave my legs without almost killing myself!
  • The older two kids are ecstatic to have a new brother. The littlest one I'm not too sure about. If we talk about the baby to him, he now ignores me and acts like nothing is going on. We got out the swing bouncer etc., and Bryson thinks all these things are great new toys for him. I worry about how he will feel.
  • I am so overly worried about everything at this point. It's not just the baby, it's Chris's job, me not finding a job, etc. I need this baby to get here so I can hold him and know he is alright. I also need a name for this baby. My hubby is being a little difficult in this department! Ugh!
  • It's Spring Break and I feel so bad for my poor little bored children. We can't really go anywhere because of pregnancy and money, so they are starting to go crazy, but I'm so glad we have a nice backyard.
  • I know it will all be over soon, and while part of me is so relieved, the other part of me is a little sad knowing this is our last one. I feel like some huge chapter in my life is coming to a close. Obviously, we have to stop sometime, but I didn't know how old that would make me feel.

11 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I can relate with you on a few of those things...
Wanting my body back
My baby not being ready like I am
Worrying about jobs and money
Crying about body
ETC
We are sooo close Ashley!!! I hope everything continues to go well for you too... I have to say, I don't think your prediction of my due date is right. My body wants to hold on to this baby.

Curtis Family said...

Good luck with everything. Please let me know if you ever need anything!!! I can't wait to see your new little baby boy!

Luke & Erica said...

I felt the same way with Erynn. I cried at times too, it makes you feel better to let it out. I know what you mean by being posterior, he will descend when he is ready. The leg shaving, that is what Chris is for. Your kids are going crazy, and mine are driving me crazy. Ashley you are not old, because if you were, then so am I. I thought that 4 was our number too, but being pregnant with Erynn, I know now that I will have at least two more.

Luke & Erica said...

Oh, hang in there, not too much longer. Are you with GVC or Tran?

price.family said...

I know how you feel, it is hard to not worry. Just remember hormones has ALOT to do with emotions and being incredible worrisome. You will get your pre body back, and Bryson will adjust its just another growing phase to experience. I was really worried about Ella but everything works out and now I can't even imagine not having a second one. Also don't think about this being your last...... you never know... its better to just enjoy each time and not look at it as the end .. but I can understand how you are feeling about that. Take this time to sit back and really enjoy laying around with your kids and spending one on one time with them even if it means the house work and other stuff slide (remember to ask for help) ... also we should get together before the baby arrives :)

Windsor World said...

I think you look wonderful! Only 3 more weeks and it will be all over with! I go back and forth on if I want/need another one, but I think we're for sure done! (espically after hearing about Bryson, that's probley how my Kannon would act!) haha just kidding! I'm sure he'll be fine! Hang in there.. when he's here you won't remember any of your complants..Good luck with the name!

Abbey said...

Isn't shaving legs SO FUN when you're hugely preg? That's why I mostly just skipped it,,, sorry husband! Time seems to take forever when you're close to the end doesn't it? Good luck though, I hope it all goes well for ya :)

Amy said...

Hang in there Ashley. it is almost over and soon you will be holding that beautiful baby boy in your arms and everything else won't matter. You are so blessed and everything always has a way of working out, always. Take a chair into the shower, if you don't have a plastic one I will bring one up to you.

Shawna said...

Hey! I think you look great! But I know how you feel... pregnancy number 4 was really hard on me too. I am so sorry! I hated being pregnant so dont feel bad. It will be over soon and that sweet little boy will steal your heart!

Tom and Sue said...

This point sure STINKS, but isn't it nice to know that you'd do it over and over again for every one of your little sweeties? You're almost there! Let me know what you need!

Deanne Wahl said...

I remember right before delivery. I am still loving being pregnant, but that will change around 8 months. I keep asking MaryAnn about and will wait for the update. Hope all is well. Love ya