Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We're making this harder than it needs to be!

Oh forget it! We cannot decide on a name. I agree with ALL of the comments, but now I feel like we are moving further from finding a name. Chris and I set all evening and talked about a name and now we have two more on our list! Like I said, we're moving further away from a decision. I think we are just going to have to wait till our little guy is here. We would still love to hear any comments you have. The two new names are Jaxon and Brandon. The downfall of Jaxon is that there are a ton of them, and I don't think it's my mother-in-law's favorite name; however, I think it is so cute with our last name. The only parts about Brigham and Brandon I'm not crazy about is having two kids with Br names right next to eachother in birth order. Jay is definately still in the running too, but I'm not sure I like Jay without saying Jay Nolen. Oh well, we'll figure it out eventually!

In the meantime, my kids and I are sick. Bryson got croup and ended up needing steroids for a couple of days. The older two have some stupid head cold with a fever. There are hilarious though. The other day, I told Kiley not to breath on me (even though I knew I'd get it). So, here's a little conversation that followed.

Me: Don't breathe right in my face sweetie.
Ki: Have you ever smelled Ryan's breath?
Me: Not lately. Why?
Ki: It smells like Super Stop
Me: Super Stop the little store?
Ki: Ya, it smells like that with cinnamon.
Me: What does Super Stop smell like?
Ki: I don't know. Ryan's breath I guess.

Kids are so funny!

10 comments:

THE SMITH FAMILY said...

Ashley,
I just wanted to tell you that Melanie (Smith) Nielsen has a Brigham whom they call Briggs and she also has a Bryson. So cute!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

I like Jaxon and Brigham. Jaxon Scorse sounds so cute! So is Brigg though. Dave agrees with me. Decisions..Decisions..Good Luck. Hope you guys are doing well. I hope everyone feels better soon.

The Richards said...

I can't imagine picking a boy name, i would be clueless! But good luck i think that they all sound great but i really like Nolen for a first name? Anyways i hope you all feel better soon, it stinks having sick kiddos. Oh and i love your convo it was so funny!

Bell Family said...

I'm sticking with my initial comment on Brigham Scorse. I LOVE the sound of it!!! Brandon is good too (I'm married to a Brandon). I like the name Jaxon, but I know alot of Jaxons so that would prevent me from choosing that as well. Whatever you two decide, I am sure it will be a perfect fit for your little gentleman on the way!

Kylie is simply precious! What a darling thing to say. I can't wait until Shaelana comes up with things like that. Kids are the best!

Luke & Erica said...

Hope that you start feeling better. It seems like once one kid gets it the whole family gets it. At least you all have it at the same time. Avery had bronchitis in Nov, then Andie in Dec, and Avery again Jan. It is ridiculous. Like all the names, I agree though that you will probably have to wait until you see your next little cutie to really narrow down a name.

price.family said...

I like Jaxon Nolan Scorse, it sounds good and easy to say. I actually don't know anybody with that name but I do know a lot of Brandon's. Don't go by popularity, its your son and he will be unique from everyone else, if YOU like the name that is what matters anyway. Names are sooo tough but whatever you pick will be the best!

Deanne Wahl said...

My vote is for JAY...but I am a little bias :) I hope you are feeling good and that your family gets all healthy before this baby gets here.

Shawna said...

Okay so obviously I love the name Branden but when I was pregnant with him I loved Jaxon! I also really loved Maddox! I got out voted on that one though! I like Jaxon the best with your other kids names! You could call him Jax. Whatever you name him I am sure he will be adorable!

The Richards said...

Hey Ash i missed your birthday, sorry i stink! So here it is Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Ashley, Happy birthday to you. I hope your day was wonderful!

Rachel said...

Go with the name Young no body has that name. Good luck