Monday, August 18, 2008

Lots of different things

First, we'll start with the first day of school. Kiley loved it; she has a wonderful teacher and great friends in her class. She was up at the crack of dawn and ready to go. I can't believe how old she's getting. It really breaks my heart.



Ryan started preschool, and he also loved it. He has the same teacher Kiley had, and she's wonderful. His best buddy, Josh, is in his class so Ryan's world is terrific after the first week of school.



Bryson was sad to see both of them go. He went and laid in Ryan's bed; it was so sad.



Also, we would like to say goodbye to our dog. I don't have a picture of him to post, but he died Saturday night. He was apparently hit by a car. If anyone has advice about how to console a very sad four year old who misses his dog, please let me know.


Last, I am so sick. My mother-in-law is here for a few days to help me, and I am so grateful for her and my mom. I literally feel like I can't get ready, I can't cook dinner, I can't even think without feeling like throwing up. I am grateful to feel like this, but I am also miserable. I'll let everyone know how far we are and if everything is okay after our sonogram later in the week. If anyone has any tips on feeling better, let me know. I've tried ginger, tea, Saltines, Zofran, and I'm now on Phenergan (? spelling). This medicine wards off the throwing up but not the nausea, and I can only take 1/4 and 1/2 doses at a time because it knocks me out! Yuck! Like I said, I know it's a good sign, so I'm just trying to think of it that way.

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Hey! They look so cute! We lost our kitty this summer, it was Tanner's and he found it. It was horrible, the only thing that helped was letting him cry when he needed to and talking to him about the kitty going to heaven. It was heartbreaking though. I hope Ryan feels better soon. The nausea thing I dont know what works, this is the first pregnancy that I have had "morning sickness" and it has lasted all day everyday. I finally felt better at about 20 weeks but it is starting up again now at 24 weeks so I dont knw. It really stinks when you are so sick you cant move but at least you have a positive attitude about it! I will check back to see how you are! Hope everything is wonderfull! :)

lofgreenlegacy said...

They look so adorable on their first day of school. And the pic of Bryson is priceless! I'm so sorry about Max, I told my kids and Kaden was super sad and just kept asking why someone had to hit him. Then he kept asking if Kiley was ok. Aren't moms great? I know we've talked about this before but they are wonderful. Please, please, please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help. Hope you feel better

Rochelle said...

Cute pictures! They look so excited to be at school! Sorry, but I don't have any advice. I was the same way- soo sick for 24 hours of every day, and everything they recommend trying doesn't work. It's hard to be a mom and sick every day all at the same time! Hopefully it won't last too long- good luck!

TJ Eich said...

Hurray for school!! I love your sweet kids. And I didn't know my mom was there! Give her hugs from us!

Alyse Clonts said...

Your kids are so cute....and I love how you say they are such great blessings in your life. When my puppy was ran over...I saw the whole thing. I was pretty traumatized. I still think about him to this day. My mom got me a stuffed animal that looked alot like my puppy. It helped me quite a bit.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Pressure bands for sea sickness work well for nausea...hope it helps, and congratulations!

♥Concerned♥ said...

My OB suggested 1/2 of a unisom tablet before bed. It has a medicine in it that they are working to get approved on it's own specifically for morning sickness. Regardless, I couldn't have functioned without it.