Monday, April 14, 2008












We are trying to plant these Purple Flowering Plum trees in our front yard; above are pictures of us in the tornado like wind trying to do this (not a great idea). Ryan got bored, but thought the hole for the tree was cool.
Here's the thing, we are terrible at growing anything! I mean we really have a black thumb. We tried to gow grass several times at our old house and eventually gave into gravel for landscaping. Our whole yard is gravel, and it needed some life. Hopefully, this will turn out well, but if any of you have advice, please let me know. Below I have posted pictures of what the tree should look like in a few years (Left) and what the tree will look like if we touch it (Right). LOL!

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Those trees are so pretty! I grew up with them in my front yard and Ben and I planted one at our old house-but we never got to see it flower :( Good luck!

TJ Eich said...

"Well, Ryan, my boy, you're sproutin' up like a weed!" (See if Chris remembers what movie that's from!) I always love to see pics of your sweet kids.
I'm glad you like the blogs I've done but I don't what, if anything, to have you say about it. :)

Ashlee Draper said...

Cute!!! Good luck with the trees, the Ryan tree should turn out cute though!! haha

Ashlee Draper said...

P.S. I created a blog for the dance studio, and now everything I post says it is from me and Tonya...I'll have to figure out how to fix that!

camilla said...

I just came across your blog, and your family is so cute! I'm sorry that you are having troubles with your newest one! I read how your daughter is in kindergarten now, how did you survive that? I will just die when I have to send my kids off to school!