Saturday, March 8, 2008

Life is full of changes (good and bad)

Let me start this post with GREAT news. . . Bryson has gained 1/2 pound in one week! We took him to the gastroenterologist on the 29th, and she put him on a high fat diet. When I say high fat, I mean HIGH FAT. He gets heavy cream in his bottles, Haggen Daz ice cream as a snack and butter and oil whenever he pleases. I know, it's every woman's dream diet. He is so lucky! But, it's working, and we are ecstatic! He dropped below the weight on the charts, so it's good to see him back on.

Ryan had surgery on the 6th, and everything went well. He had new tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out. He did great other than acting goofy all day. He was hopped up on morphine, threw up in Villiage Inn, and wanted to be held all day. At one point he would come in and chew me out. When I asked what's wrong, I was told that his name was Ryan. Then, out of nowhere, he would sing and act fine. Wooo!

Now for the bad news. We found out several weeks ago that we were expecting another child. The news was unexpected, but we were still excited. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. We began to miscarry yesterday. I am so sad. I don't know how something that has never been seen, felt, or heard can mean so much, but it definitely does. We are doing okay, and just waiting to get past this.

I am just grateful for my many blessings. I know that the Lord ALWAYS knows better than we do, and difficult as it may be, we must submitt to his will. I have been so richly blessed in my life, and I am thankful for all Heavenly Father has given me.

5 comments:

TJ Eich said...

Oh no!!! Ashley I'm so sorry! I don't know what to say. . . I'm calling you!

Amy said...

Your in our thoughts and prayers, Ashley. I know it has been a rough year. I hope that you can take comfort knowing that you are surrounded by loving family and friends. I am so blessed to have met you and your family and to have you in our life. We love you, Allyson just adores you. Talk to you soon.

Allred's said...

OH DANGIT ASH, I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS. WE WENT THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILAR LAST YEAR, AND TALK ABOUT DEVISTATING, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. AGAIN, SO SORRY, BUT SO GLAD YOU UNDERSTAND HEAVENLY FATHER'S PLAN AS WELL. LOT'S OF LOVE TO YOU, AMY

Mary Ann said...

we are finally back and i am so sad to hear about the miscarriage. that is so crazy.. it's weird because didn't you think this pregnancy was different? i really feel bad and will do anything to help! let me know!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Hi Ashley. Sorry to hear about this. I just got caught up on your blog. We were just down in Thatcher, but didn't see you at church. Hang in there.