Sunday, April 26, 2009

Help



Right after I have a baby I become the freak of worry, so this swine flu has got me all freaked out! First my grandad calls a few nights ago telling me about this flu he saw on the news. I admit I laughed at how concerned he was. I love older people and CNN. Then, my mom calls yesterday and gets me a little concerned. Now, I'm worried.


I hate germs. Yes, I guess I would call myself a bit of a germaphobe. I'm not too concerned about myself, but I incessantly worry about my children. So, tonight when Kiley comes in complaining of a sore throat and running a fever, I am trying hard to not loose sight of what is real to look at what is worry. I could use words of encouragement, so feel free to post any uplifting thoughts. I'm sure she's fine. Obviously, she hasn't been to Mexico, and I think she would be a whole lot sicker, but still I'm worried.


If you haven't heard of swine flu here's a link to an article about it http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/04/26/ST2009042602832.html, but if you worry like I do, forget I said anything and chalk it up to watching too much CNN.


5 comments:

Amy said...

Stop watching CNN or any news for awhile - don't even look it up online. Resist all temptation to look. There hasn't been a reported case in Arizona and if it does come - we will combine our resources and live out here where there are no people until it passes us by. In the meantime don't go near anyone who has taken a vacation to Mexico. We will be okay and Kiley will be fine - she just has a little bug. Give her some GSE and call it good.

Windsor World said...

I really can't give you any good advice, cause I am pretty stressed about it too..I told Mike today I don't want to leave the house and since it was so close to summer, Kenzee really didn't need to finish out the school year! I have been hearing lately people predicting a pandemic and for us all to be prepared for 3 months! Well I think I have enough food for maybe 3 weeks.. sorry to make it worse for you, but at least you now no that you aren't the only over worried parents out there :D plus I think it helped me to vent to you..sorry

Luke & Erica said...

I KNOW IT IS SCARY, I WAS WATCHING ABOUT IT TODAY. YOU ARE A GREAT MOMMY THOUGH, I KNOW THAT YOU TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOUR LITTLE ONES.

Ashley Marie said...

My husband is a hypochondriac and he's not worried. That means you shouldn't be either. You might have seen this one but it may help: http://www.cdc.gov/cdctv/

Just keep an eye on it, wash your hands a lot. If worst comes to worst that's what food storage is for.

Mary Ann said...

Your so cute! Just be like me and don't even think twice about it! :) ha ha.. like that would happen hu?? Hope everyone stays healthy!